6.18.2010

Day 54



A few days ago I started a book. It's called "Icing on the Cupcake" by Jennifer Ross. Today, I finished it. The book is actually really cute. It's about a girl who loses everything and moves to New York City to live with her grandmother, whom she had never met. The girl's life is turned upside down and she copes with it through baking. This is really a good read if you are looking for a light summer read.
Between each chapter, the author inserted the recipes that the girl made in the book. I think this is the coolest part of the book, honestly. I've made a goal to (eventually) make all the cupcakes in the book. Hopefully, I will actually do this but I need a few things before I get started. Anyone know where I can purchase a baking stone?

4 comments:

  1. http://www.target.com/s/181-1296273-9117861?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=baking%20stone&ref=sr_bx_1_1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchPage=1

    :) Also GREAT for pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any store like Bed, Bath & Beyond or stores with a decent kitchen section (or kitchen stores) will have them. The good ones are not cheap, though. I haven't even gotten around to getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new layout! It's B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete