5.23.2010

Day 41

Date night with my man! Let it be known, I finally kept a secret and surprised Curtis with an amazing date. I thought of this idea on Wednesday so it is sort of a miracle that I didn't tell Curtis anything until Friday and all I told him was we were going out.

We started by having dinner on the beach at South Beach Grille in Crescent Beach. Honestly, our meal wasn't that good. Curtis got shrimp fajitas because the waitress basically decided for him and my chicken sandwich was overcooked and dry. But it was still fun watching the ocean while we ate.

Then, we drove down to Boardwalk in Daytona Beach and walked around. Last summer, Curtis and I went to the arcade there and it was one of my most memorable dates so I wanted to try and recreate that. We headed to the arcade and spent about an hour there competing for the most tickets. Once we got to the prize counter, there really wasn't anything we wanted so Curtis got a bouncy ball and we gave the rest of our tickets to a little boy who didn't have enough tickets for the toy that he really wanted. I feel that karma will be happy with me for this considering we actually had a guy give us some tickets because he was leaving.

After that, we walked around and watched the street performers. There was one guy that was an escape artist who tied himself up in two straight jackets and a chain, hung upside down and escaped in less than four minutes. The next guy was a magician who actually had Curtis help out in the show. The last guy we watched was a juggler who juggled with sharp objects and fire. He picked me to help out in his show. So it was cool that we both got be in shows.




All in all, I had a lot of fun and I hope Curtis did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment