4.14.2010

Day 3

Today's goal was to make new things in the kitchen. I decided to make dinner for Curtis and I by making foods that I have had before but have not cooked before. For dinner, we had chicken strips (I've made these before...) and for the sides I made loaded potato skins. Even though the sides took over as main course because we didn't have enough chicken strips. These were a challenge. I found the recipe online (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/loaded-potato-skins/Detail.aspx) and got to work. They really weren't too hard to make, but they did take a lot of time, and I really liked them. So I would definitely recommend this recipe to all of you.

For dessert, I made banana crumb muffins. I found that recipe online (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Crumb-Muffins/Detail.aspx) and it was really simple to make. They smelled great while they were baking but once I checked on them I could tell I had overfilled the muffin rounds a little too high so the muffin puffed over the top. However, the looks don't really matter when something tastes so great. I highly recommend this recipe too.

Here are some pictures of the food:

This is what dinner looked like:
The muffins before they were baked:
The muffins afterwards:
Thank you to Curtis for chopping up the green onions because I cut my finger...and for making the salads!

As you can tell, I have had a lot of food updates and this is because I have worked or had school everyday so far and foods are the easiest ways of trying new things after a long day. I promise I won't bore you with all food blogs so tomorrow I will do something other than food.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment