4.17.2010

Day 5

Tonight, I did one of my favorite things...went to the theatre. You might be asking (if you know me), how is this something new? Well, I might be stretching it a little, but I saw a new play. One that I have never seen before and knew nothing about walking into the theatre. (Sidebar: spell check is telling that theatre is spelled incorrectly and that bugs me.)

COME BLOW YOUR HORN
The play was "Come Blow Your Horn" by Neil Simon. Personally, I didn't really care for the script and I think that is because I don't like comedies all that much. I don't find anything written in the 60's to be funny now or covert really well to modern times. I guess I that's something that I lack. However, script aside, the cast was awesome. Every part was really cast well, and the actors did not disappoint. Kudos to Austin Travis especially, because I have seen him grow as a actor so much and he has great natural timing for comedy. Also, Jim and Paula were great in their roles, so hilarious. Everyone in the audience loves their characters but really there is no way you couldn't. Very funny! Debbie and Rick were awesome as usual, both of them are very versatile in the roles they play and it is great watching them be so wonderful on the stage.

By the way, if you are in the Eustis/ Lake County area, go see this show. For reservations... Call Bay Street Players @ 352.357.7777 (shameless plug).

After the show, we went to the "wine and cheese" gala. It was great to hang out with friends that I don't see very often. While we were there Curtis made me try a pickled asparagus. It was gross...but now I know that I don't ever want to eat that again. So lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment