4.15.2010

Day 4

Today was all about finding new happiness in the world around you. It was my last day of classes and I had to walk back and forth to school because Curtis had classes all day. Normally, I have Curtis drive me back to school or pick me up once a day. I know this is lazy considering I live within walking distance of the school, but I don't really like walking back and forth because I find it boring. Being "forced" to walk, I found a new admiration for the wonderful town I live in.

Walking down the sidewalk listening to my iPod, I found a simple joy in life that is indescribable. The sunshine and the presence of the happy groups of people made me aware of the aura this town has. It was one of the most pleasant walks I have had in a long time. I can't wait to go out and take in more of this amazing city more during the summer. It's just the most exciting atmosphere. I am truly happy I live here.

I hope to be able to go out and experience this happiness more. I guess I will just have to walk more... :)

3 comments:

  1. You should get a bicycle! Same joy...kind of. But you get wind in your hair at the same time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention biking...I can't actually ride a bike..lol. It's on the list of new things to try this summer but I have to find a bike first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's awesome! Well, once you learn maybe we can all bike down A1A. We have a trailer to pull the kids in that attaches to our bikes. :)

    ReplyDelete